How to setup Hotlink protection in cPanel
Let's discover how to use Hotlink Protection, so people can't link directly to images in our website.
This tutorial assumes you've already logged in to cPanel.
1) Click the Hotlink Protection icon
Hotlink Protection prevents other websites from directly linking to certain files (typically images) on your website
You'll want to prevent this if you have copyrighted images, or to simply save on bandwidth usage
You'll first want to make sure your own sites are listed here, so you are able to hotlink to your images
2) Enter all the file types you want protected here...
3) ... and if you want to allow people to be able to manually enter the URL of a protected file, check this box
4) Then enter a URL you want to redirect to, for anyone who tries to hotlink to your files or images
5) Click Submit
That's it! You've successfully enabled hotlink protection
6) To disable hotlink protection, click this Disable button
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to use hotlink protection to prevent hotlinking to your files
Was this answer helpful?
Let's discover how to park a domain. This tutorial assumes you've already logged in to...
Let's discover how to use webmail to access our email, from within cPanel. This tutorial...
Let's discover how to use the IP Deny manager in cPanel, to block certain IP addresses from...
Let's discover how to update your contact information in cPanel. This tutorial requires that...
Let's discover how to change the cPanel style. This tutorial requires that you have already...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution