Configuring your website in WinSCP
This tutorial assumes you already have WinSCP running on your computer, but have not connected to a remote server.
If you still need to download and install WinSCP head over to the official site at https://winscp.net/
Now let's learn how to configure our website in WinSCP.
1) If you wish to create a folder to organise your sites click Manage > Tools , enter the folder name and click ok.
2) Select the File Protocol we wish to use, for most shared hosting this will be FTP although other options include:
SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol); *requires shell access
FTP (File Transfer Protocol);
SCP (Secure Copy Protocol); *requires shell access
WebDAV (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning) *requires setup and limited WinSCP functionality
3) No encryption means files are sent in plain meaning someone watching your traffic may get access to files, Use Encryption where possible.
4) Enter the domain name or IP address here.
5) The port number will automatically be set to the default port, you will only need to change this if your server uses a non default port.
6) Enter your username and password for the site.
7) Now let's save this session so we can access it again in the future without entering all the info again. After clicking save we can name the connection, choose a folder to save in as well as whether to remember the password.
8) To connect we now simply double click on our saved site or click and then click on login.
That's it! We've successfully connected to our website via FTP, and the session is saved for future use.
This is the end of the tutorial. Now you know how to connect to your web hosting or other server in WinSCP.
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial assumes you already have FTP Voyager running on your computer and are connected...
This tutorial assumes you already have WinSCP running on your computer, and are connected to...
This tutorial assumes you already have FileZilla running on your computer but have not...
This tutorial assumes you already have WinSCP running on your computer and are connected to a...
This tutorial assumes you already have CuteFTP running on your computer and are connected to...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution